Hulu is a great way to watch American TV. You can watch shows the day after they air on one of the many networks they access in many cases.
With a wealth of add-ons, you can beef up your subscription and find it easy to watch Showtime, HBO, or others when you stream Hulu. (Learn How to Watch HBO Go Australia)
The question for many fans is, is Hulu available in Australia? Directly, no, as it is only available inside the US. It is possible to bypass the geo-blocks, but you need to go through this guide, as you can find a virtual credit card trick doesn’t work with Hulu as it does for other platforms.
- How to Get Hulu in Australia using a VPN
- Hulu with Live TV offers:
- Steps to Access Australia Hulu
- Best VPN for Hulu
- How much does Hulu in Australia Cost
- What’s on Hulu?
How to Get Hulu in Australia using a VPN
You will find Hulu offers three plans to subscribers:
- Ad-supported plan, which costs $5.99 per month
- No ads plan, which costs $11.99 per month
- Hulu + Live TV plan, which costs $54.99 per month
The “Ad-supported” plan and “No ads” offer a one-month free trial. “Hulu + Live TV”; however, you only get 7 days free.
When you look to find out, can you get Hulu in Australia, you’ll see a wide range of device support.
- Android phones and tablets, Android TV, Apple TV
- Chromecast, Fire Tablets
- iPhones and iPads, and other mobile devices
- LG Smart TV and Samsung Smart TV
- Mac and PC browsers
- Xbox One gaming console
- Roku and Roku Stick
Once you access Hulu in Australia, you’ll see you get most new episodes the day after they air. You can also create up to 6 user profiles, and you can watch on 2-screens at once.
You can also have Hulu plus the following add-ons: Showtime, HBO Max, Starz, and Cinemax, although there is an additional cost.
Hulu with Live TV offers:
Unlimited Screens for more people watching HD content on Hulu plus enhanced cloud DVR.
Sample channels available on Hulu are:
- A&E, ABC, ABC News Live, ACC Network, Animal Planet
- Bravo, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- CBS, CBS Sports, CNBC, CNN
- Discovery Channel, Disney Channel/ Junior/ XD
- ESPN/2, Food Network, FOX, FS1/2, FX/ FXM/ FXX
- History, National Geographic
- SEC Network, SYFY, TBS/ TCM, The CW, USA Network, Viceland
Hulu also offers live channels like NBC, FOX, CBS, and ABC, which are available only in select regions, mostly from any streaming services.
Steps to Access Australia Hulu
Here are the simple steps how to watch Hulu in Australia:
- Subscribe and download a premium service streaming VPN service which has a 30-day money-back guarantee to try risk-free (Find the Best VPN for Australia)
- Open the virtual private network app and sign-in with your details
- Connect to a US-based server from the list
- Navigate to the Hulu website or Hulu app and then sign-in to your Hulu account
Hurdles you can encounter to get Hulu in Australia are when it comes to payment. A VPN will hide your IP address and give you an American IP address, which is the easy part.
Payment for Hulu Australia can be tricky, or that’s the way it appears.
Here are two ways you can overcome this hurdle in Australia, Hulu is tough but not unbeatable.
Use Friends or Family to Access Hulu
The easy way to get Hulu in Australia is via friends or family in the USA.
You would use their credit card to create an account, and luckily, Hulu lets users have multiple accounts on one credit card.
- Log into your VPN and select a US server
- Head to the Hulu homepage
- Click “Start your free trial.”
- On the Choose Your Plan page, pick your plan and any add-ons
- Next, enter your email address, password, name, birth date, and gender. Click “Continue.”
- Next, you will need to add the billing info. Add your friend’s credit card details.
- Hulu will ask for a zip code. Make sure this is from the US and not in Australia.
- Click “Submit” and enable your Hulu account.
Sign Up for Hulu with a Gift Card
For many individuals, this can be the ideal solution. Make sure you are connected to a US server and you have your Gift Card number.
You can find cards available in values of $25 or $50. You can find these available online from Mygiftcardsupply.com, or as you are paying with PayPal, you can purchase them directly from PayPal.
- Navigate to secure.hulu.com/start/gifting. Here you are on the gift card redemption page.
- Enter the code provided in the box on the screen
- Click “Redeem”
- You will be redirected to the Select Plan page. Select a plan suitable for your gift card value
- Enter details with a US zip code, and click “Create.”
- Confirm your plan information, then click “Submit.”
Best VPN for Hulu
ExpressVPN has apps for a wide range of devices like Windows, Linux, macOS, Android TV, Apple devices, and mobile devices. There is also firmware for routers that offers unlimited simultaneous connections rather than the 5 simultaneous connections.
You can also use the Media Streamer DNS service. With this, you can watch Hulu shows and movies on devices where there is no VPN app such as Apple TV, Xbox One, or Smart TV, and you still need to bypass geo-restrictions and get Hulu in Australia.
The VPN can easily mask IP address and make access to streaming services straightforward.
There are plenty of security features for privacy, such as the kill switch (Network Lock), IP and DNS leak protection, split tunnelling, and the company has a zero-logging policy.
For new subscribers, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee that is risk-free to try all the features and performance. It also allows you to pay via credit card or crypto to remain anonymous. (Read our full ExpressVPN Review)
- High Hulu streaming speeds for buffer-free HD content
- Military-grade security and privacy protection
- Unblocks most streaming platforms apart from Hulu in Australia
- Uses new Lightway Protocol
- The monthly plan may appear expensive (same as other VPNs)
- No built-in Ad-Blocker
Surfshark is another choice of how to watch Hulu in Australia. Now there are more than 3200 VPN servers in 65 countries.
Watching Hulu is simple, and when you use a VPN server from Surfshark, you can stream in HD and find some of the best unblocking Hulu and other streaming services in Australia. It easily bypasses blocks on TV shows and movies on Hulu and major services like Netflix, HBO, iPlayer, and many more.
Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous connections so you can stream on any number of devices. The VPN keeps online activities hidden with 256-bit strong encryption, protection for IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks.
You will find lots of security with a kill switch, ad-blocker, tracker, and malware protection. The company has a zero-log policy and goes through audits to verify they are secure.
You can get Hulu in Australia using this VPN for macOS, Android, Windows, iOS, Xbox One, and Linux. You can have a manual configuration on routers. You will also be able to test with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Unlimited device connections
- Decent buffer-free TV shows and movies streaming
- Great unblocking of content
- Strong security and privacy
- Still, a new service compared to others
- Some server locations may stream slower than others
NordVPN has high-levels of security and is a great solution of how to watch Hulu in Australia. You have apps you can use on up to six devices simultaneously, and it covers most major platforms, like Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android.
You also have a 30-day money-back guarantee to test features and performance.
If you get stuck, there is live chat support or the knowledge base on the website.
The VPN provider has multiple streaming servers, and it can use most of these to unblock geo-restrictions on streaming services like Netflix, SlingTV, BBC iPlayer, and others. The server network is extensive, with over 5000 servers available around the world.
Its SmartPlay mode combines VPN and DNS technologies’ best features, making streaming flexible, safer, and worry-free.
NordVPN has a zero logs policy, uses military-grade encryption and offers an ad-blocker, and has malware protection to back up the kill switch. (Read our full NordVPN Review)
- Offers 24/7 live chat
- Very secure VPN service provider
- Smart Play DNS good to make content available in Australia
- Fast speeds to stop buffering
- Apps, not the easiest to use
- Speeds can suffer over long distances
How much does Hulu in Australia Cost
There is no price to watch Hulu in Australia direct as the service isn’t available. If you sign up for the united states, you have $5.99 with ads, $11.99 month without ads or $54.99 for Hulu with Live TV.
What’s on Hulu?
The streaming service has access to content from over 60 TV networks, so you’d expect there to be a considerable amount of content.
Besides this, there are the Hulu Originals. Here’s a quick look at what you can find on Hulu to watch.
- Big Sky
- The Resident
- Prodigal Son
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
- Family Guy
- Bob’s Burgers
- Rick and Morty
- King of the Hill
- The Simpsons
- Cowboy Bebop
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Killing Eve
- How I Met Your Mother
- Veronica Mars
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Castle Rock and many more.
Is Hulu better than Netflix?
Netflix has the widest selection of movies and TV shows that are older, while Hulu offers more current TV shows available right after they air on the TV networks. The base plan of Hulu does have ads, yet Netflix offers an ad-free experience.
How can I get Hulu for free?
New subscribers of the ad-supported plan or the ad-free plan get a one-month free trial. If you sign up for Hulu with Live TV, you get a 7-day free trial.
Is Hulu worth paying for?
Hulu can be worth the cost as it comes in under the cost of many other streaming services. If you don’t need live TV or wait until the following day or a couple of days, the service is well worth spending the money and creating an account.
It is also one of the easiest ways to access multiple American TV networks in one place, even if you need to pay for an add-on.
If you want to access Hulu, Australia may appear out of the question. However, when you have one of the best VPN providers aiding you, it is easier to stream Hulu than you could imagine.
With Hulu, plus a VPN, you can find you have one of the most cost-effective solutions to most of the American TV you can ever wish for. Nearly any TV show that doesn’t go to Netflix will end up on Hulu.
VPNs with the best servers make it appear you are in the US, and you can watch all your favourite shows as if they were coming from the same country.